This is a python script for CG artists, that can lock the placement of your target in the framing of a camera when you change focal length, by moving your camera accordingly. It can quickly create a Zolly/Vertigo effect by dragging the slide-bar. It works for Maya 2023 and earlier versions.
- simply source this py file or copy the text into your script editor as python
HOW TO USE:
1. Have TWO THINGS selected in ANY order :
- One Target Object (Curve, Locator or Geo) that you want to remain size in frame
- One Camera Node (or it's parent / grandparent or such)
2. Run the Script.
THINGS TO NOTE:
- Your target object needs to have a correct pivot. If not, please place a locator there and use the locator as the target.
- Your camera's focal length must be unlocked, unconnected.
- Your selected camera moving node must be unlocked on translate X Y Z.
Thank you for using the tool, please let me know if you have any feedback or ways to enhance it !
Thank you for supporting my effort :)